Thursday, September 8, 2011

No-Guilt Yum-Yum for Your Tum-Tum


This morning, while deliriously flailing my arms about trying to kill my clock that had just startlingly interrupted a comatose sleep, there was a “BANG-BANG-BANG!!!” on my door.  Then, I heard my roommate’s cheeky four-year-old voice saying, “Hey Saywuhhhhh, wanna go for a walk and get Starrrrbuuuucks?”  I didn’t know what the heck was going on, but some conscious part of me knew that it sounded like a great idea. 

So, today's been a great day thus far; a walk in the rain, Starbucks, and then lunch, all for less than 380 total calories. 

What’d I get at Starbucks? 
Venti Iced Americano with Splenda and 3-4 tablespoons of skim milk.  Total:  45 calories.

Don't fear me!
What’d I eat for lunch? 
Avocado Tuna Salad sandwich and a cup of watermelon.  Total:  333 calories.

Avocado Tuna Salad Ingredients (serves 2):  
1 whole avocado, delightfully squished with a potato masher
2 tablespoons of Kraft Light Miracle Whip (tastes equally good with Light Mayo)
1 can of tuna in water
2 Earthgrains 100% Multi-Grain Thin Bun
10 cucumber slices

Can I make a lunch for fewer calories?  
Yes.  But, I know that I need to incorporate things like avocados that are full of healthy fats, essential vitamins and even more potassium than bananas.  I'm trying to be healthy, not just lose weight.  I love it because it’s a filling, wholesome, balanced lunch.   And it’s just plain yummy.  

Now, it’s workout time.  Hope you’re having a good day, too.

 




4 comments:

  1. I Wuv It SAWAH!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I will definitely try your Avocado Tuna Salad! You should try a little bit of sugar-free vanilla syrup in that Iced Americano instead of the Splenda... YUMMY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!!! Loving the healthy lunch suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wholly Guacamole makes this really yummy guacamole in 100 calorie packs- perfect for when you want an individual portion of avoacado/guac and don't want the rest to turn brown! :-) I freaking LOVE avocados/guacamole!

    ReplyDelete