Thursday, September 1, 2011

That’s, Like, Soooo Seven Years Ago…


There is nothing greater than looking through old photos and seeing the clothing and hair choices you made in your younger days.

Oh, wait…

I came across an outfit I wore more than anything else while I lived in England.  Sesame Street Fever T-Shirt, holey jeans that have been patched by other chopped up clothing over and over again, and this gold belt I wore every day.  The only thing I’m missing is the pair of black Chucks I wore to the point of disintegration (literally – I’d duct taped them together).  So, as I nearly always do when cleaning my room, I got distracted and started playing dress up. 

First thought?
“Really?  I used to wear this?  Hmm…  I’m so glad I stopped just admiring fashion and started wearing it…”

Second thought…
“Ha!  They’re HUGE!!!”

I have felt so incredibly defeated lately about so many things, including the fact that I’ve only lost about 1 pound in the last two weeks.  Then I try on clothes from the time I was the happiest I’ve ever been, both with life and with myself, and they’re too big.  Or, should I say, I’m now too small for them.  I had to remind myself, “You have lost nearly 60 pounds since March.  YOU have lost nearly 60 pounds since March...” 

So, in honor of being too small for your clothes, there is a photo above with an outfit that made me feel invincible back then, and a view of what Sarah (yes, my stomach just turned a bit at the realization I spoke in third person) right now would wear and feel equally awesome. 

Third thought.
“Hmm.  This is awesome.  I should totally wear this again…”

We’ll have to see about that.


Photo 1…  Cardigan: Who Knows.  Jeans/Gold Belt: Evans.  Sesame Street Fever Tee: Disney World.
Photo 2…  Shirt/Pants/Black Wedge Ankle Boots/Ted Baker Four Bow Bangle Bracelet: ASOS Curve. 
Grey Faux Suede Moto Jacket:  Evans.  Gold Triangle Necklace/Chain Strap Red Crossbody Bag: Urban Outfitters.

9 comments:

  1. you got me all choked up with this one. I love it, and I like the outfit too:)
    Guess who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of the rough and tumble outfit from the yesteryears... pretty sure I had something just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm thinking I"m gonna have to bust it out once the weather cools off a bit. Might do a version with skinny jeans rolled up, argyle socks, and my new black ankle boot flats, also. You'll have to bust out your inner grungehead, too. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 60 pound since MARCH?!?! Dang Girl!!! Are you following a certain diet plan, just eating healthy, or what? Hook me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so you know, I am so proud of you but as beautiful as you are now with your "new"body you were just as beautiful then inside and out! Keep up the good work ,Love you AP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes and you were being nice not reporting that the stinky... yes stinky... missing shoes from your fashionable outfit were the result of your mom cleaning the garage for your baby brothers graduation party! Let em go Sarah...trying to hold on to memories...see you didn't need those silly shoes! Love ya and happy you are finding your way back....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmm... I wonder if that was my Mom... Gee... Hahaha! Thanks, Mom. I love you too. Thanks for putting up with me. :) And thank you, too, Aunt Pam! Just a case of finally getting the outside and the inside to get along.

    Shelley - it's really nothing fancy! Just getting down to the basics logging every little thing I eat and exercising even if it's just 20-30 minutes at least 4 times a week. I usually do 5-6 days a week, but some days will be over an hour and some will be something like a 20 minute pilates video or Just Dance and EA Sports on the Nintendo Wii. Every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog, Sarah! What a great feeling to put on a past favorite outfit and realize how much you've changed since then. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete