Monday, September 26, 2011

Zucchini Bread, and Doughnuts, and Piggies - oh my.

So, there are just some things that scream "fall."  Trips to orchards, corn mazes, pumpkins, squash, cider mills, Mom's baking...

We're getting closer and closer to the times of year that are by far the easiest to justify guilty pleasures.  While I am not going to deprive myself completely of these yummy things, I am going to challenge myself to say no.  Just because it's there, doesn't mean I'm obligated to imbibe.  It just so happens that while cleaning today, my butternut squash reminded me of how far I've come.


On that note, this week, I did partake in a few things...  But, don't worry - all things in moderation, friends.  I had some of my mom's Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread, a few beers out with my roommate, some movie popcorn, and...   Ohhhh, only one of the greatest things you can get in southwest Michigan after September: pumpkin doughnuts from Gull Meadow Farms.  I'm not an avid doughnut fan, but those are just magical.


While I was a good girl other than that this week, I still know what eating those foods does to me.  I learned a lot about myself and how food affects me this summer.  The week of the 4th of July, I didn't eat as healthy as usual, but I did stay within my daily goals.  With exercising every day, I just managed to maintain my weight.

So, again - moderation.

Apparently, though, I lack emotional moderation while holding little, adorable, pet piggies named Penelope.  Thanks to the roomie for catching me during a few (not so) rare moments of ridiculousness.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment